Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Lings Country Goods, we hope your enjoy visiting our website and that you can find what you are looking for in our constantly expanding stock range.
Payment is only taken once the item is ready for dispatch. All transaction details are encrypted to a secure server host. In the event of a payment error, we will contact you. Phone orders are also welcome.
As soon as we have cleared payment we will then dispatch the order within 1-2 working days, depending on stock availability. We will contact you with any problems that may arise.
If you wish for your product to be delivered to a different address to the one billed, you are welcome to contact us in order that we may do so. You, the customer will be responsible for collections of any missed deliveries. Please note that weekends and bank holidays are not included in working days and must be taken into account when choosing delivery options.
Also delivery times are often determined by current stock. Lings Country Goods will not be held liable for any loss of earnings, damage to the products whilst in transit or slow delivery if it is the fault of the delivery service. However we will do our upmost to make sure you receive the best possible service.
Any unsuitable items can be returned for exchange or refund, as long as we are notified within 7 working days of the receipt. Items must be returned in an unworn or unused state with all original packaging and tags attached. If there is any sign that the item has been used or worn, we hold the right to refuse an exchange or refund.
If you require a different size, we will ship this to you as soon as the previous item has been returned. We advise that if a different style is required, you request a refund and place a separate new order. This does not affect your statuary rights. Should you have any further queries please feel free to contact us. Unfortunately we cannot cover any extra shipping costs this may incur.
We will not deal with any firearm sales online, as the law requires a face-to-face transaction. Please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help and advise.
All customers must comply with the below act. Overview of the Violent Crime Reduction Act, this serves as a guide, please refer to www.homeoffice.gov.uk/about-us/publications/home-office-circulars/. Any legal queries contact your local Constabulary for the Act in full.
This Act determines our conditions of trading:
- Prohibition of sale or transfer of air weapons except by registered dealers.
- Private ownership has not been affected and no licence is required so long as the weapons are under the legal power restrictions.
- Rifles must not exceed 12ft/lbs.
- Pistols must not exceed 6ft/lbs.
- All weapons above this must be held on a firearms certificate.
- All transactions must be carried out face to face.
- We can sell directly to customers over the counter in store.
- If you wish for the gun to be sent to you, it can be sent via a Registered firearms dealer and collected over their counter, which completes the face-to-face transaction.
- It is an offence for anyone under the age of eighteen to purchase or hire an air weapon. It is also an offence for anyone under eighteen to purchase or hire ammunition for an air weapon.
- It is an offence to sell or hire a firearm or firearm ammunition to anyone under the age of eighteen.
- It is an offence to sell primers or cartridge cases to anyone who does not possess a Registered Firearms Licence or a firearms licence entitling someone to cartridges or primers of that type.
- It is an offence for anyone under eighteen to have an air-weapon in a public place without adult supervision.
- It is an offence to carry any weapon, airgun, shotgun or firearm in a public place without it being covered from public view.
- It is offence to carry any gun loaded or with any part/component loaded with ammunition in any public place.
- These links to the Office of public sector information shows the relevant parts of the Act in full (see links below).
The Home Office website
IT IS YOUR RESONSABILTY TO READ THE ABOVE ACT. IT IS THE LAW.
We endeavour to ensure that the information contained on this website is as true and accurate to our knowledge, however we cannot give any warranty to that effect, other than trusting a valued source. We cannot be responsible for the consequences of reliance on that information.
However, this disclaimer is not intended to affect your statutory rights. Please note that we cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of materials viewable from this site, which are not provided or maintained by us.
If you have any further queries with the regards to the above, please do not hesitate to contact us.